Sunday, February 12, 2012

Hard Candy Beetle and Kleancolor Chunky Holo Black

Eeeee it's my second post! I'm not really into Valentine's day manis, other than the kind of anti-Valentine's  one the other day. Soooo I decided to do a layering idea that popped into my head the other day, Kleancolor Chunky Black Holo over Hard Candy Beetle.

Beetle is a really pretty multichrome that shifts from burgundyish purple (what a description :P) to an olive green. I used three coats for depth, but you might be able to get away with two thick coats. I'll probably layer it over black next time I use it.


OPI Nail Envy base, three coats Beetle

Please excuse my super dry and red cuticles! Winter wreaks havoc on my hands.  :C

Then comes the fun layering part! I added two coats Kleancolor Chunky Holo Black, which applies like a dream. I didn't have to worry about distributing the glitter evenly across the nail by hand or getting the glitter off the brush at all. It just flowed out like a nice little glitter stream, hahah. :] The blackened base did something I wasn't quite expecting. It made Beetle look way more purple than it does on its own.



OPI Nail Envy Base, three coats Beetle, two coats Chunky Holo Black

Like I said, winter dries out my skin so bad and I forgot to apply moisturizer before photographing. I would take more today so my skin would look better, but after my frivolous night last night all my nails had been ruined, lololol. So expect another post soon with my next mani! :D

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. I love this combo! makes the green hues on cbh stand more

    ReplyDelete