Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Tiger Pride!

So, as you may know, I'm currently a college student, and I study at DePauw. I don't get a lot of time to blog, but I do sure take a lot of time doing my nails! I see it as my own personal time to myself. It's a break from the stress of being a student. However, I really do love it here and I thought a cool way to show my DePauw pride was (of course ;] ) by doing a mani!
Since our mascot is a tiger, I did tiger print and a growling mouth on my pinky and thumb. For my index finger, I did a kind of university block letter D. I attempted to recreate the silhouette of a building on campus on the newer logo that they've been using on my middle finger. This took a really long time, and I know I could have perfected it even further, but I'm pretty pleased with the way it turned out. Finally, no mani is entirely complete without glitter, so I used a fine silver glitter polish underneath a chunky gold and  small/medium black glitter on my ring finger. And now on to the mani! :]


And for reference, here's a picture of the logo. 


Polishes used: Sinful Colors Snow Me White, Black on Black, Pull Over, Vacation Time, Pure Ice Beware, China Glaze Cross Iron 360, LA Girl Glitter Addict Uninhibited, and then a random chunky gold glitter from PacSun :P

Let me know what you guys think! :]


No comments:

Post a Comment